Annual SOEP Pledge Drive
Your Support is Appreciated!
Silver Oak is so very fortunate to be a part of a community that supports its public school, and raises it to the highest standard possible. We would like to thank all the families that renewed their commitment to partner with Silver Oak through your contributions to the fall pledge drive in the face of a very different and challenging Distance Learning school year. With the pledge drive funds raised, and help from corporate matching of donations, SOEP/PTO is hopeful that we will meet our budget goals and be able to provide all of our planned classroom grants, technology investments, and general support for our school!
For families that would still like to pledge their support, the PLEDGE FORM will remain open all year. Donations are needed and appreciated throughout the year as there are unexpected school expenses and needs during Distance Learning that may arise, as well as long-term school projects that require saving over multiple years to execute!
Thank you all again for your support!
Silver Oak Strong!
SOEP/PTO Pledge Drive Results
Pledge Drive FAQ
- What grades are supported by pledge drive?
- ALL GRADES ARE SUPPORTED by funds from pledge drive. This includes our new preschool classes and transitional kindergarten (TK) class, in addition to K-6.
- Where does the money from pledge drive go?
- SOEP spending is prioritized to go directly into the classrooms and school and benefits all students.
- When is the money spent?
- SOEP pledge dollars raised are budgeted to be spent during the CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR. Should we come up short, immediate adjustments would need to be made to our school support plan
- How can I pledge?
- Families can pledge for single or multiple Silver Oak students at once. There are two ways you can submit your pledge:
- ONLINE PLEDGE: Your pledge information and payment may be submitted online. Please *CLICK HERE* to visit now.
- PAPER PLEDGE FORM: Forms will be sent home on distribution day via your child's classroom. Completed forms and payments may be mailed to the SOEP PO Box, or delivered to the school office. Please make checks payable to "SOEP" (= Silver Oak Educational Partnership), and note your child(ren)'s name(s) and teacher(s) in the memo.
SOEP mailing address:
Silver Oak Educational Partnership
5655 Silver Creek Valley Road #116
San Jose, CA 95138
What Are the Different Pledge Levels?
2020-2021 PLEDGE DRIVE PLEDGE LEVELS:
We encourage all families to pledge $150 per student to allow us to meet our current program and materials investments. If you are able to pledge a higher amount than $150, it allows SOEP to explore other ways to invest in our classrooms and better support the needs of our teachers.
This per-student ask if 50% of our typical school year funding need. SOEP/PTO is working closely with Silver Oak staff to understand and support the different needs we have during Distance Learning for this school year.
Extracurricular programs are organized by SOEP/PTO, but they are NOT FUNDED by pledge dollars. Programs such as Math Olympiad, Math Kangaroo, and theater are self-funding programs that are paid for by registration fees.
We strongly believe that your investment in the SOEP is a good one... it directly benefits every child at Silver Oak, and continues to make our school an extraordinary learning environment. Thank you for your support.