Class of 2021
Request for Donation
Please click here and see the Request for Donation letter you have also received by email. Please make your donation by April 14, 2021.
Photos for Slideshow
The Sixth Grade Promotion Slideshow is a Silver Oak tradition that all parents and students look forward to. It’s a 7-year stroll down memory lane shown during the beginning of the Promotion Ceremony. What makes this possible are your photos - we need your help to collect pictures! See below for details.
One tradition we are proud to continue is the Class Gift to Silver Oak. This year, the class of 2021 will be working with the local muralist, Lila Gemello, to install a mural on the ball wall to brighten the playground.
Lila will meet with each 6th grade class via Zoom to talk about the process. She will then ask students to create and submit art that reminds them of and represents Silver Oak and our neighborhood.
Lila grew up in Evergreen and attended Silver Creek High School, her father, George Gemello, is a math teacher at Chaboya. Lila has completed a number of murals at various Evergreen schools, including but not limited to Chaboya, Montgomery and Laurelwood. To see more of Lila's work, please visit her website.
The 6th grade class will leave behind a signed class tile to be mounted at school. Your child's teacher will coordinate with him/her to get a signature.
Each student will receive a yard sign, and promotion goodie bag which will include a throw blanket and other items.
Our committee has arranged the following activities for you to enjoy and support our efforts at the same time!
Dear Sixth Grade Parents,
The Sixth Grade Promotion Slideshow is a Silver Oak tradition that all parents and students look forward to. It’s a 7-year stroll down memory lane shown during the beginning of the Promotion Ceremony. What makes this possible are your photos - we need your help to collect pictures!
What we need from you
- 2 pictures of your child: one from kindergarten (or as close as possible) and one recently from 6th grade. This could be the Lifetouch school picture.
- Group pictures (optional): These should include a minimum of 3 kids at Silver Oak activities over the years (school clubs, events, field trips). We’ll use a selection of the submissions as time permits in the slideshow.
Submission Instructions and Deadline
- Please email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 1 Kindergarten Picture
- 1 Current Picture
- Any Optional Group Pictures
- Include your child's first name, last name, and your name. If we have questions we will email you
- Higher resolution photos are best (we can resize them as necessary)
- Once we receive and process your pictures, we will email you to confirm receipt
- Please email all pictures by Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Here’s the slideshow that we put together two years ago -
NOTE: By sending photos, you are granting permission to the Promotion Committee to include and display the students in the images in the slideshow.
- Please email Sarah Barragan if you have any questions.