How We Communicate
Communicating with parents and caregivers is important to us. Once your child is enrolled in school, we know you will want to follow your child's academic success and keep up-to-date on district and school news and events.
PowerSchool Parent Portal
PowerSchool is a student information system used by Evergreen School District. The system lets parents and students see their classroom assignments and can follow their attendance. You will want to keep contact information in this system updated because it shares its database with our other communication systems.
Silver Oak uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. You choose how you want messages delivered through email or text. You can also download a free mobile ParentSquare app for iOS or Android to conveniently view all school and district messages from your mobile device or use it from a computer at: www.parentsquare.com. When prompted to create an account, login using your PowerSchool login email.
Silver Oak Website
Our school website address is silveroak.eesd.org. On our website parents have a central page or portal called Parent Hub designed with helpful resources, news, events, and general information. To find our Parent Hub, click the link in the top menu bar or use the quick link below the hero slideshow. Or the webpage address is easy to remember too: silveroak.eesd.org/parenthub. We think you will like our Parent Hub page so much, you will want to bookmark it for quick, easy access whenever you need information about our school.
Silver Oak News
The school's weekly newsletter, filled with what is happening on campus, at the district, and in our community, is emailed electronically through ParentSquare to parents on Fridays.
On the first Tuesday of each month our principal meets with parents to discuss educational issues of the day and factors impacting student achievement. Learn more about Parent Cafe.
- Find us on Instagram at silveroakelementary
- There are two Facebook accounts for Silver Oak:
- The official Silver Oak Elementary school Facebook page keeps parents up to date on school and PTO activities and events.
- The second account is a parent run private group called Silver Oak Sabercat Families. This group is a space for members to feel welcome, have their questions answered and find support and useful information from other parents, and supporters.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel that has many school videos, including great science experiments, led by Silver Oak teacher Mrs. Gardener, that you can do at home.
PeachJar Digital Fliers
PeachJar delivers information to your inbox about community opportunities with soccer, baseball, basketball and other after school sports, tutoring and academic support, arts, scouting, college savings plans and more. When you first enroll at Silver Oak you automatically begin receiving these community messages in your inbox. PeachJar fliers can also be found through the quicklink on our Parent Hub webpage. Learn more about PeachJar settings here.
Teachers have a variety of ways they communicate with parents and students including email, ParentSquare, Google Classroom, and Class Dojo to name a few. Please ask your teacher how they prefer to communicate.
Our students have a lot to say. On our website under Our Students, you will find how our students are using podcasts, blogs, and newsletters to share their thoughts and opinions on all kinds of interesting topics. Written and produced by Silver Oak students, we invite you to read, listen, and watch.
Communicating with our parents and community is important to us. At Evergreen School District we use a variety of communication tools:
- Evergreen School District's main website is located at www.eesd.org . Learn more about all the great features on our websites.
- Mental Health and Wellness | CONNECTIONS is Evergreen School District's mental health and wellness resource website. Mental health literacy helps us become responsible, effective, and successful in living full and healthy lives. Good mental health education and practices, can help us take better care of ourselves, our loved ones, and our communities. Students, parents, and educators can use this online resource to find information and tools that will assist during the journey from mental health awareness to wellness.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
PeachJar delivers information to your inbox about community opportunities with soccer, baseball, basketball and other after school sports, tutoring and academic support, arts, scouting, college savings plans and more.
Learn More and Stay Connected
To learn more about each of these communication tools, click on the link associated with each item. In order to ensure you are receiving the latest updates and news from Silver Oak and Evergreen School District, please make sure to have your most current phone numbers, email addresses, or home address updated in our PowerSchool Parent Portal system.